"Some of the more egregious actions of the new pastor include:
- the elimination of a popular Children's Mass attended by many families in the parish
- the removal of a much-loved statue of Our Lady of Fatima from the sanctuary steps where it had been enshrined for twenty-five years
- the sudden removal of the crucifixes from both altars in the parish
- the removal of a "modesty sign" from its long accustomed place in the vestibule
- the hiring of a gay-friendly music director who was known for directing a blasphemous pro-gay off-Broadway musical entitled, "My Big Gay Italian Wedding."
- the elimination of half the confessions and Masses from the weekly schedule
- the elimation of a decades-old monthly pro-life all-night prayer vigil
- the elimination of a decades-old, immensely popular, monthly Fatima Holy Hour in honor of the saints
- the banning of daily confessions in the chapel
- the closing of the parish school, even though the former pastor had left a $2.8 million parish surplus and had set up a foundation specifically to aid the school to which the former pastor had donated $150,000.
To most traditional-minded observers here the sudden cancellation of the OLL EF Latin Mass appears to be the culmination of two-year campaign by the new pastoral administration to eradicate nearly all vestiges of traditional Catholicism from the last conservative parish in the Diocese of Rockville Centre."